For high resolution photos of 2016 Distilled Festival, click HERE.
DEL MAR, CA. (March 24, 2017) -- A spectacular group of unusual and tasty spirits were selected from a batch of more than 180 entries, submitted by 85 distilleries from around the globe to the 2017 Distilled: San Diego Spirit & Cocktail Competition, produced by the San Diego County Fair, presented by Albertsons | Vons. Judges were industry professionals bringing their expertise to this competition, awarding medals to what they deemed as the best of the best. The Best of Show award will be announced at noon on Saturday, June 24 at the Distilled Festival Stage, during the Fair.
San Diego is fast becoming an epicenter of personally-crafted distilled spirits, and Distilled has become an opportunity to honor the best distillers and mixologists throughout San Diego and beyond. More than 150 different spirits, including some rare and hard-to-find bottles, will be available for tasting at the Festival, held in the Paddock area at the Fair from 1 - 5p.m.
Best of Division Winners include:
• Cutwater Spirits, Devil's Share Bourbon, Best of Whiskey/Whisky Division
• Don Raymundo Duarte y Compañía, Mezcal Papa Rey, Best of Other Spirits Division
• E & J Brandy, VSOP, Best of Brandy Division
• Humboldt Distillery, Humboldt Distillery Original Rum, Certified Organic, Best of Rum (Cane Spirits) Division
• Marble Distilling Co., Marble Vodka, Best of Vodka Division
• Tejano Imports, Mezcal Veras Reposado, Best of Agave Spirits Division
• Prairie Organic Spirits, Prairie Organic Gin, Best of Gin Division
• Tequila Fortaleza, Tequila Fortaleza Ańejo, Best of 100% Blue Agave Tequila Division, Mexico
• Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend's No. 50 Kashmiri Amaro Bitter Tea, Best of Liqueurs Division
How to attend the 3rd annual Distilled: San Diego Spirit & Cocktail Festival:
Purchase tickets before April 15 and save $10. Visit distilledsandiego.com is produced for details.
VIP Admission for $125 includes a souvenir glass with unlimited samplings of spirits and signature cocktails, access to the VIP lounge and patio featuring gourmet food stations with unlimited grazing, and admission to the a href=http://www.sdfair.com> San Diego County Fair.
General admission tickets for $33 includes a 10-tab wristband (each tab is for 1/4-oz pours on distilled spirits and 1-oz. pours of mixed cocktails), and admission to the a href=http://www.sdfair.com> San Diego County Fair.
About Distilled: San Diego Spirit & Cocktail Competition
The third annual Distilled: San Diego Spirit & Cocktail Competition is produced by the 22nd District Agricultural Association in conjunction with the San Diego County Fair.The competition is open to commercially licensed spirit producers and distributors worldwide. Award winners are featured in the Distilled: San Diego Spirit & Cocktail Festival on June 24, during the annual San Diego County Fair, presented by Albertsons | Vons. The Festival is open to the public and celebrates quality spirits, craft cocktails and some of the finest distilleries. The San Diego County Fair is the largest county fair in the United States, drawing more than 1.6 million visitors annually. For more information, visit distilledsandiego.com.