DEL MAR, CA — Tickets for the 2012 San Diego County Fair’s Toyota Summer Series on the Heineken Grandstand Stage go on sale Saturday, March 17, at the Fairgrounds and through Ticketmaster.
The 2012 Fair, presented by Albertsons/Sav-on, will host 24 nights of first-class family entertainment featuring nationally known singers and bands. Many shows are free with Fair admission. Reserved seats are also available. Some shows offer a dinner package in the Grandstand’s famed Turf Club.
Tickets for paid shows, dinner packages and reserved seats will be available at the Del Mar Fairgrounds Durante Gate Box office Tuesdays through Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., or through Ticketmaster: www.ticketmaster.com/venue/81980 or 800-745-3000.
start at 7:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. More information, including ticket prices, are available at www.sdfair.com/grandstand. This is a partial list. More entertainment will be announced soon. The following are performers scheduled to date.
• Saturday, June 9: The 8th Annual Gospel Festival featuring Donnie McClurkin, free with Fair admission.
• Sunday, June 10: Larry Hernández, free with Fair admission.
• Tuesday, June 12: Demi Lovato, free with Fair admission.
• Wednesday, June 13: Cody Simpson, free with Fair admission.
• Thursday, June 14: Kenny Loggins, free with Fair admission; dinner package.
• Friday, June 15: Switchfoot, free with Fair admission.
• Sunday, June 17: Joan Sebastian, paid show.
• Tuesday, June 20: Hot Chelle Rae, free with Fair admission.
• Saturday, June 23: Jeff Dunham, paid show; dinner package.
• Sunday, June 24: La Arrrolladora Banda El
Limón, free with Fair admission.
• Thursday, June 28: Creedence Clearwater Revisited, free with Fair admission; dinner package.
• Friday, June 29: KC & The Sunshine Band, free with Fair admission; dinner package.
• Sunday, July 1: Julión Alvarez, free with Fair admission.
• Tuesday, July 3: Matisyahu, free with Fair admission.
• Wednesday, July 4: "Weird Al" Yankovic with fireworks, free with Fair admission.
The summer of 2012 will take San Diego County Fair fans "Out Of This World" to the stars, planets and beyond. Every day at the Fair will be filled with discovery and mystery of the outer limits. The Fair will explore man's history and fascination with space and space travel starting with the ancient astronomers, to the NASA program and the future of space exploration.
Is anyone out there? The Theme exhibit will delve into the unexplained and unexplored. Enter the realm of science fiction, UFOs and other evidence of life beyond earth. Universe Invited!
The 2012 San Diego County Fair will run for 24 days opening Friday, June 8, to Wednesday, July 4. The Fair will be closed Mondays except July 2.
Gates open daily at 11 a.m., Tuesdays through Fridays, and 10 a.m., Saturdays, Sundays, and Monday July 2. Admission is $13 for adults; $7 for ages 6-12 and 62 and older; free for ages 5 and younger.
For more information about the fair go to the Fair website, www.sdfair.com. Facebook fans will find the Fair at www.facebook.com/sdfair. Twitter fans can get updates and special offers at twitter.com/sdfair and those on the go can use the Fairgrounds mobile phone website at m.sdfair.com. (EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: The mobile phone link only works when used on a mobile phone)
The San Diego County Fair is the largest annual event
in San Diego County and the sixth largest fair in the United States, drawing more than 1.4 million visitors annually. The 2011 Fair broke an all-time attendance record for the third year in a row with a grand total of 1,412,113 guests.
The 22nd District Agricultural Association is a State of California agency that owns and operates the Del Mar Fairgrounds, Surfside Race Place, Horsepark Equestrian Center and the Del Mar Golf Center. The 22nd DAA produces five events each year: The San Diego County Fair, the Del Mar National Horse Show, Professional Bull Riding (PBR), The Scream Zone and Holiday of Lights. The Fairgrounds hosts more than 350 events annually, the largest of which is the live horse racing meet each summer, which is operated by the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club for the 22nd DAA and the State of California. For more information on the Fairgrounds, visit www.delmarfairgrounds.com.